A Tennessee Valley Authority Summer Internship Program provides college-aged students with an opportunity to gain experience in government, public policy, and the utility industry. The program gives students an overview of TVA’s operations, policies, and procedures, as well as hands-on experience in a real-world environment. Students must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and have a minimum 2.5 GPA. Students from across the country can apply for the TVA Summer Internships Program. May 1st is the deadline for applications. You can apply online. TVA’s Internship Program offers students a variety of internship opportunities.
About Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA):
TVA is a federally owned electric utility corporation in the United States. There are small areas of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia within TVA’s service area, as well as portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky. As a federally owned, for-profit corporation, TVA receives no taxpayer funding. In addition to being the nation’s sixth largest power provider and largest public utility, it is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Company Name: Tennessee Valley Authority
Company Website: https://www.tva.com/
Number Of Available Internship: 20+
- Virtual internships are currently available.
- The CDC and the federal government will provide hybrid options.
- A student who lives more than 50 miles from the TVA official work station may qualify for housing assistance.
- For a limited number of positions, an overwhelming response is expected.
- Those selected for an interview will be contacted before July 1, 2021.
- TVA was founded in 1933 and serves over 9 million people across seven states, supplying electricity to businesses and local power distributors.
- The TVA culture is based on the values of safety, service, integrity, accountability, and collaboration.
- We strive to serve the Tennessee Valley with economic development, environmental sustainability, and power generation.
- Students in the TVA Internship Program have the opportunity to gain real-world experience and professional development.
- TVA interns contribute to programs and projects by collaborating and providing input.
- Diversity is valued and embraced at TVA.
- Applicants should apply regardless of their race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex, ability/disability, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or age.
- Across the Valley, we strive to be inclusive of all people.
- The TVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The Equal Opportunity Compliance office must be contacted within 45 calendar days of the discrimination, harassment, or retaliation that the employee or applicant believes has occurred.
- According to Executive Order 12564, Public Law 100-71, and the Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing, TVA provides a drug-free workplace to all non-nuclear employees.
- www.samhsa.gov/workplace provides information about the Drug Free Workplace Program.
- All TVA employees in Testing Designated Positions, including those performing safety-sensitive duties, are randomly drug tested.
- As mandated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), TVA Nuclear employees are subject to random alcohol and drug tests.
- Veteran PreferenceIf you are a U.S. veteran seeking preference eligibility for TVA, please take the appropriate steps listed in the application process in order to qualify.
- Each time you apply for a job, please submit your military documents.
- Cell, electrical, electrical metering, highline, kv, microprocessor, transmission, uniform distribution, wind, wire
How To Apply For a tva Internship Application 2022?
Interested in an internship at TVA? Here are a few tips:
- The first step. Research the company you want to apply to first. Locate their website and LinkedIn profile.
- The second. Gather all the information you need for your application next. Include your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant documents.
- As a third. Make sure your application package is strong. Organize and make your materials easy to read.